Featured Post

Hacking Health in Hamilton Ontario - Let's hear that pitch!

What compelled me to register for a weekend Health Hackathon? Anyway, I could soon be up to my ears in it. A pubmed search on Health Hack...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

eHealth and Event Driven Architecture

I have not seen too many articles on eHealth and Event Driven Architecture but when I was studying about Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture, the idea was compelling. In particular I was interested in the idea that any event related to one's Health ID could trigger ehealth record keeping, especially to the personally controlled health record (PCHR).  In this ubiquitous connected internet of things world, the PCHR would  become the master patient index. No need to give everyone a personal health record on a national architecture - a staggering expense a majority of people might never use.  If someone gets ill and needs to enter into the health care system HIAL (Health Information Access Layer)  the service starts to trigger and generate records.  Even Apple's iCloud could be a service for eHealth events.  Or maybe I have been reading too much of Steve Job's biography (which actually didn't have much about eHealth in it). More in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment